<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Thursday, February 10, 2011

YOUR GOVERNMENT AT WORK

If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving regulate it. If it stops moving subsidize it. If it isn't broken, fix it...

"We seldom know, six weeks in advance, what we are going to do." President Franklin Delano Roosevelt, explaining his administrations deft economic planning.(1)

"I sincerely believe...that the principle of spending money to be paid by posterity under the name of funding is but swindling futurity on a large scale." Thomas Jefferson to John Taylor, 1816.(2)

"Look, if I want to build a swank mansion with a sweet dome at Monticello with my own dough and roll my own financial dice, so be it. But I'll be damned if I'm going to swipe your wallet to fund my pet political projects. That's theft. That's wrong." Thomas Jefferson. (3)

Epilogue

If only our current politicians felt as Thomas Jefferson did we would not be in the financial mess that we are in today.
End Notes

(1)Glenn Beck, Broke, The Plan To Restore Our Trust, Truth And Treasure, (New York, NY: Mercury Radio Arts, Inc.) 2010. page 60
(2)Ibid. p.22
(3)Ibid. p.25
ourfutureworld.blogspot.com

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?