<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Tuesday, April 04, 2006

FOOD FOR CONTEMPLATION


"If fascism has to pose as nationalism it needs an external enemy as much as an internal one. It needs a permanent external enemy even as it fights its own people, if only to distract from its divisive politics. It is not possible that rhetoric against a section of its own people will succeed all the time; and it does not happen that its own people will acquiesce in fighting their own unfortunate countrymen, however much the fascists may make them sound like traitors or perpetrators of injustice against their own mass base."

-Nalina Taneja


"In Germany they first came for the Communists and I didn’t speak up because I wasn’t a Communist. Then they came for the Jews, and I didn’t speak up because I wasn’t a Jew. Then they came for the trade unionists, and I didn’t speak up because I wasn’t a trade unionist. Then they came for the Catholics, and I didn’t speak up because I was a Protestant. Then they came for me – and by that time no one was left to speak up."

-Pastor Martin Niemoller(1)


Will Christians be the next scapegoat?


Remember our Lord's advice:
Behold, I send you forth as sheep in the midst of wolves: be ye therefore wise as serpents, and harmless as doves. But beware of men: for they will deliver you up to the councils, and they will scourge you in their synagogues; And ye shall be brought before governors and kings for my sake, for a testimony against them and the Gentiles. But when they deliver you up, take no thought how or what ye shall speak: for it shall be given you in that same hour what ye shall speak. Matthew 10:16-19 KJV.



Steve

This article may be reproduced WITHOUT CHANGE and in its entirety for non-commercial and non-political purposes. ourfutureworld.blogspot.com



END NOTES


(1)German Protestant minister, Leader of the church's opposition to Hitler, Nazi concentration camp intern, 1937-45.

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?